Our oranges come from small-scale organic producers in and around the
area of Corinth in south Greece. Most of these orchards are family owned
and have been passed on from generation to generation.
The Merlin variety is the best eating orange. The fruit is big and round shaped and has a light orange peel colour. Its flesh is sweet, fragrant and naturally very juicy. They have no pees and are easy to peel. Merlins can be eaten out of hand, juiced, or used in jam and dried fruit production.
They are available from November through April, with peak supplies in January, February and March.
Sidney Louis Walter Merlin was a British botanist and an Olympic Gold medalist who was born in Greece. He is best known for the introduction, in 1925, of the “Washington Navel” orange variety to his estate in Corfu. To this day, it is known in Greece as “Merlin”.
Clementines & Mandarines
To see the Organic Certification documents, Qualification Ratings and Chemical Analysis, follow the link to our Cloud : when clicking on the links below, you will be prompted for a login (Visitor) and password (guestguest).
- Oregano (Origanum vulgare ssp hirtum)
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
- Sage (Salvia officinalis)
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis)
- Mint (Mentha pulegium)
- Saint John’s-wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- Wild roses (Rosa canina) from which rose petals and rose hips are used